Saturday 14 February 2015

Primark Harry Potter Haul

I'd heard on the grapevine that Primark had extended its Harry Potter range so naturally I had to investigate.... and I wasn't disappointed!


First up- loungewear:


Gryffindor pajama top- £5. I'd happily wear this as a regular t-shirt.

I'd just like to point out that is *not* my sofa in the background. The photos were taken in a changing room at work. I would not own any items of furniture like that.

Here are the cordinating pajama bottoms- £8:


 The thing I really like about the majority of Primark's pajama tops and bottoms is that they are sold separately, so you can mix and match styles and sizes. This is particularly good for me as I'm not the same dress size all over!

An array of Harry Potter pants next, £2.50 each:

Front

Back. Who wouldn't want 'Harry Potter' printed on their bum?

I feel that this collection presents a kind of alternate universe where Harry Potter is set in a US high school, hence the American football style quidditch design. Normally this would annoy me, but I think the aesthetic is pretty cool so I'll let it go on this occasion.


Now for the selection of items that I'd loosely call 'sportswear':
 

Hogwarts crest jumper- £10.


The fit on this jumper isn't fantastic so it's baggy in some areas but really tight in others. I'm hoping it'll loosen a bit on wearing though, and I do love the design.


Gryffindor zip-up hoodie- £12.


'Hogwarts' is emblazoned on the back in case you forgot which school Gryffindor belonged to

Quibbler jumper- £10.



 I feel a bit odd about wearing clothing with a picture of a teenage boy on the front, however the jumper is really comfortable so I'll just push those weird feelings aside in the name of fashion.

Spell design leggings- £6.

I couldn't get a decent photo of myself in these leggings so you'll have to make do with these close ups

I wouldn't normally buy leggings as loud as these (to be honest, I'm a bit wary of leggings in general after wearing many a pair of violently bright flowery ones as a small child when I didn't know better. It was the early 90's so I think I can be excused) but I think the design is really original. I think they'd make a great statement piece if the rest of my outfit was plain and black (as is usual).

Final thoughts:

A very good collection for the Harry Potter enthusiast. The items are a bit flimsy but they are very cheap so it's what you expect. There were more items in the collection- glittery pajamas that shed sparkles everywhere and tracksuit bottoms that felt incredibly thin- but I rejected those.

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment